Monday, May 6, 2013

Tempted

What's your biggest temptation in life?
Food? Sex? Money? A bad habit?

The devil loves to try and control us by waving our biggest weaknesses in front of us. When this happens, our godly alarm should go off and our shield should go up. Unfortunately, we are human and this doesn't always happen.

We fall into temptation everyday. Some bigger than others, but nonetheless sins. Don't worry, though. This is when God's forgiveness has its greatest power.

I made a choice about a year ago to restrain from a certain temptation. It seemed easy at the time, but it haunts me more than I thought it would.

One of the hardest parts about my temptation, is that most of the world doesn't see it as something wrong. This leaves me fighting against this sin alone.

To put it in other terms, I feel as though I'm treading water while the depth continues to increase; eventually I'm afraid that I will get tired and drown.

I want to encourage my readers to remember that they ARE NOT alone. Everyone has their own down fall, whatever it may be. Some are secretive and some are known, but they all cause trouble. Luckily, God can defeat anything, especially if it's to better the relationship you have with Him.

God will not let you drown.

"Keep watch and pray that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." --Matthew 26:41



Stay Strong,
--Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment