Monday, April 15, 2013

Gray Waters

The gargantuan waves crashed onto the infinitesimal rock pieces that made up the beach. The belligerent thunderstorm formed over the gray water forcing the wind to whip and roar.

Although this scene was meant to be cantankerous, to me it was beautiful.

The white caps where oceanic paraphernalia. The miniscule crabs ducking back into their safe holes were cute but frightened. The way the rain united with the vast ocean was inseparable, like a mother nourishing her child.

The claps of the thunder reminded me of an over friendly female who you try to avoid but can't seem to run away from.



I’ve always enjoyed thunderstorms and their pugnacious attitudes, but this colossal thunderstorm had a winsome smell to it. It was almost affable.

I would even venture to say it made me feel safe as I traipsed the beach. The storm practically walked along with me; no, it sauntered!

The storm began to grow and crawl closer and closer to me. Before I knew it, my observations of this storm dispersed and I quickly realized that I was its main accessory.

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." -Jacques Cousteau





--Stevie


No comments:

Post a Comment